1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Hartke HA4000 Bass head – mint cond – 400 watts

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by GeeBass, Dec 17, 2016.

1. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Price:
    $0
    Hartke HA4000 Bass head – 400 watts - 'as new' mint cond. in original factory box/packing.

UPDATE: SOLD on 2-28-17. Thanks to all who have viewed, posted, PM'd !

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  2. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    These are great amps. They are built like tanks and are extremely dependable. I sold one to my neighbors kid who beat the heck out of it and ran it at a 2 Ohms load at gigs every weekend. Not that I recommend loading it down to 2 Ohms, but he did it for years.

3. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    I agree - this is probably the best built and best sounding Hartke bass head ever produced. I'd heard this model had to be discontinued because they were so expensive to build that they started losing money on them.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    FunkHead likes this.
  4. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Astounded that this is still here. Hartke makes incredible amps. My first "big boy" amp was a model 2000 from the eighties that only died when I snapped the volume knob off of it jumping off my amp. The associated cab still runs, and the HA2500 that Larry personally sent me as a replacement has been trouble-free for the better part of 14 years.

5. FingerDub

FingerDub Inactive

Jan 8, 2016
    Very interesting, considering the manual says to not run the amp any lower than 4 ohms total. A testament to the reliability of these heads.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2021