Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke HA4000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperDuck, May 8, 2001.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    First of all, YES I did a search, and I got nothing of use for the HA4000.

Anyone have any experience with this head? I read a review in an older BP and they said it was pretty high quality. (Of course, they say just about everything is super-duper unless it REALLY sucks.) I like the fact that it has 2 fully parametric Mid controls, and a changeable Shape, and decent output at a reasonable price.

Good? Bad? Not worth mentioning without spitting?

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    bump

3. craigb

craigb G&L churnmeister Supporting Member

I've got one but I've only had it for a few months (and only 1 gig in that time period). I got it for the two bands of parametric eq and the watts/dollar ratio. The BP review was a big factor. I'll admit I did not do a lot of "listening" shopping (I don't enjoy visiting the GCs and Mars of the world).

It's been fine. It has some nice touches (tuner out with mute button), the two bands of parametric mids, 2 speaker outs, pre and post eq outs, . . . One thing I wish it had is a switchable effects loop.

The shape is nothing more than a mid-scoop (as far as I can tell) which I don't really use. I actually have been trying to boost my mids to make sure I can cut through dual (or is it duelling) guitarists one of which has to use his Marshall half-stack to get "his sound" (we don't let him crank it, though).

Sorry I can't give you more info but I don't have enough experience with different amps (unlike my ever-growing list of basses I've owned) to really say much about it and I haven't had it long enough to speak to its reliability/durability.