Hartke HA4000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Roargasm666, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Roargasm666

Roargasm666 Guest

Aug 8, 2001
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    I just started playing with a band the other day and my HA4000 and 4X10XL just weren't quite loud enough, so I was wondering if the 400 watt amp would be able to push two 4X10XL's instead of just the one, or if I would need another form of amplification.
  2. considering both cabs are 8 ohms, yes, go for it.
  3. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    dear lord moregasm135! I have a hartke 4000 and used an el cheapo 410TP and never had to turn more than halfway. This is with two guitarist competing for the loudest guitar award. The winner was the guitarist who was deaf from playing loud too much, too many times. He had to turn his guitar up even louder to compensate for it(what a nut). I was smart and used earplugs. Anyways, enough rambling......to answer your question you can plug another 410 as long as both speaker cabinets are 8ohms(check the back of your speaker cabinet). The back of my hartke says 400watts at 4ohms and there are two speaker outputs. A warning: if you try to put two 4ohm cabinets in there, it will fry your amp.......not good. Best of luck and don't forget to wear earplugs.

What do you think of the head so far?
  4. CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Hey fellas,

As Guac mole, I have a HA4000 with a "low price" Hartke 410TP, and I have to compete with my brother who makes more noise with his guitar than his 2 guitarists, and I´d never passed the volume knob more than half. I´m sure it can handle two 4x10 or any other combination (4x10+1x15, 2 1x15, etc etc), only be sure about the ohms of each cab, never use to 4-ohm cabs.......

Viva la cucaracha!!!!!
  5. Yeah im running 2 Hartke 410XL's but i really want a new head coz mine runs out of head room pretty quick, so im considering the HA4000 or maybe the Peavey Firebass700 (i heard thats actually pretty good) i was also considering making up a rack, i found a power amp that was 800w per channel really cheap, but i dunno what do u guys reckon?
  6. i have the HA3500 ( 350 watts ) and a SUNN 2x15 bass cab, and its plenty loud over the guitar and drums, i only have to put my volume on about 3-5 ( goes up to 10 )