Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke HA5000

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rich37, Mar 30, 2002.

1. Hey everybody, can someone help me out?

I own a Hartke HA5000 amp wich is 250W per side.
    Thats 2x250W so I don't get 500W out of it.
    I only got one speaker cabinet wich is an ampeg SVT410HLF
    When I use 2 speaker outputs will I be able to bridge the amp, to get 500W?

GRTZ. Richard

2. Assuming:oops: that you're saying that because you're not using both speaker outputs then, no you're not getting 500W out of it, but with 2 speaker outputs, @ 4 ohms you would be getting 250 per cabinet, making 500W....Otherwise, @ 8 ohms you'd be knocked back to 170W per cabinet....Hope that makes cents.....Ah I can dig it

3. my speaker cabinet runs on 4 ohms. When I use 2 speaker cables to connect this cabinet will I get the 500W then?
    or will this only work when I use 2 seperate cabinets?

4. That's a fairly new Idea on me, but I've never seen a cabinet with two inputs, maybe 1 input and an output to daisy chain to another cab, never 2 inputs....The most logical answer is use 2 cabinets.
    I suggest grabbin another ampeg cab and slappin it under that 410, that'd kick ass....

5. The hartke heads arent bridgeable. I am prety sure that there arent ny bass speakers made that are dual voice coil and if ther are I am almost positive ampeg doesnt make them. So i think ifyou try this you can sriously mess things up. I am not the most noligible though but that is what i would think.

6. But if I play in the bi-amped mode(2x250W) I can adjust from wich speaker I want to hear low frequencies and from wich one the high freq.( it's a 4x10) in one cabinet
    So according to this I think it's possible to bridge the amp and make 500W out of it, correct me if I'm wrong.

If I can't bridge the damn thing, I have to buy a different one, "cause 250 is not enough!

7. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Never ever connect 2 amps to 1 cabinet!!!!

This also relates to the 2 sides of the Hartke, because that's two different power amps.

If it has a bi-amp mode you still need 2 cabs, one for the lows and one for the highs. There are however a few manufacturers which offer bi-ampable cabs, in this case you can speak of "2 cabs in one box". Gallien-Krueger makes them, and I think the Ampeg 1540 is "splittable" too.
    But this is not possible with the SVT 410HLF.

Bottom line:
    Don't connect both sides of the HA5000 to your cab.
    Yes, you will only get 250W out of your head with one 4Ohm cab.

Matthias

8. Thanks guys, now I get it finally, you've been a great help!

So I end up now with buying a different amp .Would the ampeg SVT3pro be the best choice then?
    Is it a fact that ampeg amps sound more low and unbright than for instance mesa boogie or SWR?

9. EL BEFE

EL BEFE

Jul 25, 2008
    inet!
    Hi man.
    I got a Ha5000 one year ago, may be you don´t get the manual
    Is you see your amps back side, there is a bottom to set bi amp o bi amp off (full range)
    when you use full range (bi amp mode off) then you get 500 watts at the channel you connect your cabinet.

I use one sbx 410 and a sbx 115 , in bi amp mode, but in some little stages y just use the 410 sbx in full range, then i get 500 watts (at 4 ohm).

Thats all. get the manual man!!!, good amp by the way

Bye!!!

10. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    The amp will automatically shift for you. Instead of running both channels, run one single channel and daisy chain the cabs. When you do this you will be pushing the full 500watts at 4 ohms. otherwise you are only pulling the 8 ohm power.

11. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    No!

Paul

12. BobbyLow

BobbyLow

Jan 13, 2009
    I hope this reply is in the right spot...
    I've been following your thread about this amp, and how and how not to work it. I am looking at buying this amp ($200) and I'm wondering if this is a good amp for my two cabs, which are:
    Acoustic (brand) 115 250w/500w
    Ampeg 410HE 500w/1000w

What do you think, guys??

I KNOW there is a lot more knowledge out there than what I possess !!!!
    thanks kind sirs (and lady bassists !!)

13. roamershaker

roamershaker

May 30, 2007
    earth
    there a button on the back i think to put it in mono mode.; not sure but my ha 7000 has one .;.and it kick ass load.;.; blows away my peavey 700 wat