1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HD 75 vs Fender Rumble 100

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by teeman, May 7, 2015.

1. teeman

teeman

May 7, 2015
    Hello talkbass-
    This is my first post and I am looking for info on a good bass amp. I am an absolute beginner on bass, but have been playing guitar for about 20 years. I play both fingerstyle and flatpick guitar, so it's much easier to learn bass as I can apply those same techniques to bass. The biggest challenge will be how to think like a bass player. You guys are f-ing crazy. :) I've been looking for a good practice amp that I can also record with and I am looking at the Hartke HD 75 or the Fender Rumble 100. I won't be gigging on bass so that isn't a concern. Any other suggestions would be welcome as well.

2. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    both is nice stuff , but rumble give you more colour for sound.

Linnin likes this.
  3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Hartke makes very nice products and their customer service is legendarily good. That being said, I have a Fender Rumble v3 500 combo and I have tried the 100 and 200. They are incredibly good amps for their weight and the money. They are incredibly light and they offer a very rich and broad tone palette. They can go from deep and warm to growly to a punchy treble. You likely won't be dissapointed with either but I can give a big thumbs up to Fender's v3 Rumble line.

Yahboy and Linnin like this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Just audition and A/B them both, and pick the one you like best. I've only played the V3 Rumble 100, but it has excellent tone with plenty of adjustability.

Yahboy likes this.
  5. I have the Harkte HD50 and I think it sounds much better then the V3 like it has a metal grate to proctect your speaker aswell and has amazing warmth with clarity. I play rock mostly and the metal hydrive can handle vintage sounds