1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HD210C HyDrive VS Eden Nemesis RS210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MilkyMcMilkMilk, Oct 28, 2009.

1. MilkyMcMilkMilk

MilkyMcMilkMilk

Dec 17, 2008
    I'm just looking for a good practice amp that can
    deliver mostly funk type tones.
    Or something that can get very Primus sounding.

what are your thoughts on a
    Hartke HD210C HyDrive?

i can get one for $500 online but don't know of a place near me to try it.
    so i need some opinions on the thing.

I just found an rs210 for a great price.

Which amp would be better in your opinion?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    HyDrive.

3. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    I can't really give you an answer, sorry.
    Thought i'd just give the Hartke some "props". I recently bought a HyDrive 115c Combo for the same reason you listed... home practice or to grab quickly and go.
    Having never had any experience with Hartke, I took a gamble. The options for the price is really what sold me. I have to say that i'm very impressed with it. It's got a lot of tone shaping options w/the graphic EQ, shape control, bass/treble control, switchable horn, etc. I have to admit, I even like the built in OD.
    It gets pretty darn loud without breaking up and seems to be built quite solid(although the covering will probably scratch/tear easily without careful handling).
    The only thing I really don't care for, is the tilt-back design(but that's just my preference) and I wish it had a mute/standby button for changing basses without having to turn the unit off.
    Heard good things about Nemesis, but I haven't played one outside of a store at low volumes.