Hartke Heads hate um?? Like um??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lookjojoisplaid, Feb 28, 2006.

1. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Anyone got anything to say about them? likes?? dislikes??
  2. Depends on the head. If you get the 3500 i'd swap the preamp tube out asap!

That being said, now that I swapped the preamp tube out I adore mine.
  3. i like um but i use swr more
    because when i have a gig guitar center doesnt always have hartke ampos but they allways have swr, so i buy an swr for 3 1/2 weeks then return it, i like to stay with the same amps to keep my signacher sound.
  4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The 3500 was my first real bass amp. I loved it, and I would probably still have it if I had not found this place. I thought I was hot stuff sporting the 3500 and an old Peavey 215.

5. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002

6. lookjojoisplaid

Oct 17, 2005
    San Diego
    are you trying to make fun of me for posting that other thread?? or are you being serious??
  7. i am not trying to make fun of you
  8. i have a HA2500, its a decent head, defenately looking to upgrade the cab before the head, i can get a good sound if i use a decent cab
  9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I have one of the old 3500's and its a great amp. It currently has a JJ12AX7 in the pre and has been going strong since 1992 or so.
  10. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

3000 & 5500 owner! I dig 'em!
  11. oldfclefer

oldfclefer low ended

May 5, 2005
    Southern Ohio
    My HA5500 absolutely rocks.

Sounds like an old valve amp and has power to spare.
  12. The 5500 is a sweet amp, one I wouln't mind owning. I've always wanted to try the 4000.
  13. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I used to have a combo with the 200 watt head and a single 15" speaker in it. It was a workhorse. I didn't especially love the sound, but it was loud and sounded good enough. Kinda like a Peavey minus the durability reputation.

14. I had the same old version, and swapped a JJ's in as well. It was a nice sounding amp for me at the time.
  15. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    and people wonder why GC stuff is broken, worn, and used... people like this jerk just don't see the big picture.
  16. rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    My buddy uses a 5500 with the aluminum coned (can't remember the model) 810 and it always sounds great.
  17. Fathand

Sep 24, 2005
    I recently sold my HA2000 head (200w). For me it wasn't the right head, couldn't get the sound I wanted and it didn't have a DI output (Bought a Warwick to replace it).

The sound... with a Hartke VX1508 cab the sound was pretty "cold", I couldn't get a warm thump to it no matter what. In comparison, I can get the warmth out from my current ProFet 3.2 with the same cab. On the other hand, it was pretty damn loud and the tone was extremely clear.

Some like, some don't. I didn't. :)
  18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

i've owned a HA4000 for a long time ...
    it's solid , easy to use and sounds great .
    it's not my main amp , but it's a dependable back-up .
    more than enough power for most bars ...

Hartke gets a bad rap sometimes ,
    i don't know , maybe i just got lucky ... :cool:
  19. vroc38

vroc38 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2006
    I played a 3500 that was a house amp. I was never able to get a decent tone from that rig, but it may have had more to do with the Carvin 410 it was hitched up to.
  20. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005

I went on wikipedia and looked up "signacher" and couldn't find it. Nor is it in Webster's dictionary. Sunnydale sounds like it would be an American city... Do they speak english in sunnydale?