1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke Heads?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassmanNate, Apr 10, 2006.

1. BassmanNate

BassmanNate

Apr 10, 2006
    I've been looking around for new amps. I currently have a Hartke Kickback 10 that I love but I'm starting to outgrow the 120w it gives me.

I've been looking at the heads that Hartke makes but noticed that they don't have the "Shape" control that my combo has. It does, however, have two "Contour" knobs and I was wondering if these worked together much like the shape knob on my combo (I think it's a notch filter) or if this does something else.

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    You would want something that handles a lot more power. I would say that anything from 350 watts and up should be what you should aim for. You will keep it longer and you will be amazed with how loud it can get.

Stick with solid state for now, they are cheaper and put out a lot of power. My recommendation would be to venture into other companies heads. I haven't had much luck with Hartke's. Plus their re-sellability is poor.

3. go ashdown

4. GK

5. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

there's a very nice Kustom GrooveBass head in the "CLASSIFIED : AMPS FOR SALE "
    section , right now !! :D

if you must stick with Hartke , check out the HA4000 ... 400 watts @ 4ohm .