1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke HyDrive 410 without PA support

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by olirm, Jul 10, 2014.

1. olirm

olirm

Jul 15, 2013
    I know there are many threads on this cab out there. I have searched for and read through most, and I have read many times that this can handle the juice and hold its own. Though, rarely does anyone qualify the statement with the type of music they play, PA support, or how hard hitting the drummer is, or how loud their band is.

Would like some opinions of people gigging these cabs and if I might be able to use a single hx410 to handle most of my gigs, and be versatile enough on the ones that come up with no PA support or a beast of a drummer.

I gig around is several covers groups and sub in a lot with anything from jazz to top40, and also pay in a loud rock originals group occasionally to give you an idea of what I play. I and am tired of hauling my 140lb mesa 610 or my two mid-90lb swr's around. Going to jump on this whole neo thing and really like the sound of the hydrive of the many neo 410's i have tried, but playing in the store or a low volume gig does not tell the whole story. What say the TB'ers out that have experience with this.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'd be pretty surprised if one couldn't hold it's own in most situations, short of a giant venue or guitarists with full stacks and no control over their levels.

3. Joedog

Joedog

Jan 28, 2010
    Pensacola FL
    Well.....if you have no PA support AND a beast of a drummer, (as well as ear piercing guitar players) you might have a problem with almost any 4X10 by itself. As always......it depends. If funds permit, sell all your existing cabs and get 2 neo cabs? I hear you re: tired of heavy cabs! As an interim move maybe get the Hartke, which might be fine for most of your gigs, and keep an SWR to supplement (assuming they play well together) for the LOUD gigs? W/proper PA support, you will be able to handle pretty much anything w/any good 4X10.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. olirm

olirm

Jul 15, 2013
    Thanks for the input, on the rare occasions there is a larger gig with little to no PA support for bass, I plan to keep my existing cabs. I'll probably never get rid of my swr stuff as they are my favorite cabs, but recone kits and parts are slowly getting harder to find for those PAS drivers. A single swr 410 has been my main cab for most gigs and has done fine, so I figure the hartke would be up to it. Thanks again.

5. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    I use mine all the time in my band. We play a variety of covers, anywhere from country to 90's stuff etc. We have our own PA that we always use so I don't have to push my cab that hard, but if I needed to I could really bring the heat with it. I think if I were always going to be carrying a room I would own a second one, but I would rather have all my bases covered just in case. I love the weight and schlep-ability, and I think the tone from these cabs is killer. Good luck with whatever move you end up making!
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass1405105855.730497.

Moosehead1966 likes this.