Hartke Kickback 12-Walter Woods 4 Sale

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by davesharp, Nov 4, 2002.

1. davesharp

Oct 8, 2001
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Greetings All
    After reading through this forum for many months,
    and trying several different amps for upright, I have found my final choice in the Hartke Kickback 12 (120 Watt)--Earlier this year I heard Ray Brown (no need to say how great he sounded) play and he was using this amp, and another guy playing with a big band had one and they both had a great amplified sound. I tried the SWR Workingman's 12--too bass-y, not enough flexibility in the EQ-I tried a SWR Goliath Jr 2x10 with a 350 Watt SWR Amp--too much like an electric sound. A Few years ago I used an SWR California Blonde (Acoustic Instrument Amplifier)--good tone reproduction, and great EQ, but not enough push for playing with a drummer--
    I have been using an Ampeg SB-12 Tube Flip Top (60 watts or so) and the sound is good and midrangey, which I like, but it couldnt cut through playing with a drummer who plays a driving samba--
    In my quest for the perfect amp I picked up an older Walter Woods amp (100-150watts) and while it sounds very good through the SWR Goliath, I need to sell it since I do not have a good single 12' cabinet to use with it--
    My post for the Woods is in the classified section--
    Dave Sharp
  2. glenn brady

glenn brady

Oct 10, 2002
    dave - glenn brady from here in A2 -

very interested in both - how much for both or either? hit me w/a private message and your contact info