Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Kickback 12

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by fat-bottom, Apr 2, 2001.

1. I have a mint Hartke Kickback 12 I bought from Musician's Friend last May. I've played one gig with it and now need to sell it. I'm asking $250 plus shipping from Portland, OR.
    I don't have photos but it's as new.
    e-mail: conroto1959@amexol.net

2. any problems physically(looks)??
    regards

3. Nope, no problems.
    I sits in my living room and is in perfect condition.
    T Jay

4. great! would $50 shipping be sufficient? the shipping price is my main concern now.
    thanks

5. Give me your city, state and zip code and I'll find out.
    Thanks,
    T Jay

6. Des Moines, IA 50310

I'm little weary of getting burned/paying not getting anything in this deal. Do you think I can pay half and when the amp comes, pay the other half? I'm sure you might have other things in mind. I'm definitely open to other suggestions.

7. I know how you feel. The best shipping method would be C.O.D. You would need to have a $250 cashier's check or money order to receive the amp, then it's the responsibility of the shipping carrier to deliver the money to me. I've done this before and it takes the risk out of the deal for both of us.

I'm still working on the price but it looks like it will be in the $40-$50 range.
    I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
    T Jay

8. I just checked with my local postal/mail box place, and he quoted me $57 to ship C.O.D. with UPS. That includes insuring it for $250.

You mentioned that the cost of shipping was very important, and this is more than you asked about ($50), so I'll pick up the $7 if that's OK with you.

I can ship it Monday and the guy said you would have it within 7 days. I'll obviously need your name and address.

Let me know,
    T Jay

9. ...and you're ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY sure there's no problems? I wouldn't want it to croak on me in the middle of a gig a week after buying it. I know, I'm a worrier.

Other than those generic concerns, I am very much interested. Collect on delivery sounds great...so I'll just give the UPS guy a money order of $307.00, right? (i'll get the $7, no problem)

10. As I mentioned, I have used it out of my home on one occasion and it performed very well, but I have not had it checked out by a professional.
    You might feel more comfortable buying something you could try first. Buying over the internet is not for everyone.
    T Jay

11. .....ended up buyin a carvin...
    thanks for your time

12. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Is the reason you need to sell it after 1 gig a matter of personal taste? i'm kind of in the dark about the tone of hartke kickbacks, but then again anything would be better than my crate bx-15.

13. I bought the Hartke because I was keeping my SWR Workingman's 12 at my regular weekly gig and needed another combo for other small gigs. Now my weekly gig has ended and I don't need both combos. Hartke's are known for their tight, crisp sound because of the aluminum drivers they use. Check out Letterman and you'll see Will Lee using two Hartke 4x10 cabs. The Kickback 12 is a wedge type design which can be used as a stage monitor as well as stand-alone amp. It's 120 watts and mine has been used once. I hate to sell it, but I don't need two small combos and my SWR has a speaker out jack which the Hartke does not have.

14. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    My typical style of playing is hard rock with some slapping and popping thrown in, would you say the hartke would work well for that?

15. The Hartke is a great amp for your style. It has a "shape" button which allows you to select a midrange frequency to cut or boost, and it's easy to get a solid tone. Keep in mind this is a 120 watt combo with a 12" speaker, so it can't keep up with a loud drum kit and a Marshall stack. It's great for small gigs or as a stage monitor.
    T Jay

16. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    I live in Portland and I'm seriously considering buying the amp. Is the warranty transferrable?

17. I'm not sure if I sent in the warranty card. I have the sales reiceipt so I'll contact Hartke and find out. Do you live in Portland, OR? If so, we can save on the shipping costs, because I live in Tigard. I'll let you know about the warranty.
    T Jay

18. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Yeah, I live in Beaverton.

19. Sorry it took me so long to respond but I had to deal with an idiot at Hartke who made me ask the same question three times.
    The amp's warranty is 1 year on the driver and 3 years on the amp, but unfortunately it is NOT transferrable.
    If you're still interested, my price is $250, and I can give you directions to my place and my phone number. For that I would prefer you e-mail me direct at conroto1959@amexol.net.
    Thanks,
    Tony

20. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    T Jay i was thinking about getting a hartke in the future. infact the kickback 15. i was wondering can you hear it over your guitarist good? the guitarist in my band is using an 80 watt amp.

even though this doesnt matter, primusdude i used to live in beaverton. and t jay my grandparents live close to tigard.