Hartke kickback 15 treble potentiometer replacement?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bpclay1, Aug 31, 2017.

  1. bpclay1


    Jul 3, 2014
    Basically, the treble knob broke off... there's nothing to grab on to. I'm wanting to trade it towards an ashdown 220 combo, so I'm hoping to replace it, get it back to new. The problem is its more like a chip or something, rather than a tone pot type thing. It's like.... digital? Maybe? I really don't know what it is, therefore i don't know how to find a replacement... or figure out how to replace it. I'm not sure how to disconnect it from the circuit board.

    Anyway, all it says on it is 22z 104w. Can anyone help me out with finding another, or info on how to replace it? Thanks in advance, i really appreciate any help.
  2. BogeyBass

    BogeyBass Inactive

    Sep 14, 2010
    sounds like rotary encoder, similar but different to pot.

    you have to have decent desoldering skills likewise be able to remove the board and not damage anything.
    and then resolder and return the board into place without damaging everything else connected to the board

    its not incredible difficult and with right tools easy.

    but with no experience and limited tools it could easily turn into a train wreck and cause alot of damage.

    unfortunately i would suggest a tech or possible a friend with experience.
    its tech time
  3. agedhorse

    agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

    Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa Boogie, Development Engineer-Genzler (pedals), Product Support-Genz Benz
    Digital??? No, doesn't have anything to do with digital, or an encoder, or anything like that.

    With this kind of question, I really encourage that you find a properly qualified tech (not a hack that calls himself a tech) to do the work.
  4. BassmanPaul

    BassmanPaul Inactive

    I am afraid that I’m baffled too Andy. I have no clue what it is? Enlighten us all with your advanced knowledge! LOL :D
    agedhorse likes this.
  5. BogeyBass

    BogeyBass Inactive

    Sep 14, 2010
    its just a pot lol
    104 is the resistance code

    just smaller board mounted pot

    probably linear taper could be a "B" not a w

    better confirm with schematic, take it to a tech
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  6. beans-on-toast


    Aug 7, 2008
    Send an email to [email protected], given them the make and model number of the kickback, and what they call the pot in the manual. The part should cost under $10. Then have a tech install it. Unfortunately, installation will cost more than the part.
  7. BassmanPaul

    BassmanPaul Inactive

    OK I can see the thing now. DOH!!

Share This Page