Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke kickback 15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gumby7, Aug 23, 2000.

1. gumby7

gumby7

Feb 15, 2000
    hey guys
    i just got a hartke kickback 15 i bought it for the sound. i really like it. however i didnt do any looking into the company. should i expect a good life from this amp or is it going to fall apart? have you had any trouble with harkes before? any input woudl be appreciated. thanks

2. wreckall

wreckall

Aug 21, 2000
    I've been using a 410xl for about 3 years and been poundin the sh*t out of it with no problems. But I'm not impressed with the 115 that i recently bought. It sounds ok with my four string in standard tuning, but any lower than e and it bottoms out.

3. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Hmm, kind of a hard question to answer. Some people say that Hartke is one of the more reliable brands but others say it's one of the worst. From my experience with them (which, admittedly, is pretty limited) they seem to be pretty well built and I can't think of any obvious problems that you should run into. However, there was a report quite a few months ago that some of the the Kickbacks have electrical problems in them. You can try contacting Psycho Bass Guy for the whole story there though I'm sure that it's been corrected since then. Did you buy new? If there are any problems then the warranty should give you ample coverage. At any rate, you'll just have to see what others say. I've never personally seen any problems out of Hartkes, so my vote says good job and enjoy!

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I've had a Kickback 10 for a few months and It's been very reliable. It should last a long time if treated reasonably.

Will C.:cool: