Hartke Kickback amps - what's the difference between them

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Heavier Than Thou, Apr 21, 2001.

1. Heavier Than Thou

Heavier Than Thou

Jan 25, 2001
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the three amps in the Hartke Kickback combo series? There's a 10" speaker model, a 12" speaker model and a 15" speaker model.

Since all 3 amps are rated at 120 watts, I'm "assuming" they all put out the same volume? So, why should I pay $150 more for the 15" model over the 10" model?

What type of sound do you get from each model? My local store only has the 12" model so I don't have a basis of comparison.

2. Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë

Ïn±ë®nål¦P®ÏMå±Ë Guest

Feb 14, 2001
    Well the 15'' speaker will handle the lows a lot better than a 10'' would. But the 10'' would handle the highs a lot better than the 15'' would. And i'm guessing that the 12'' would be a mix of both.
  3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Primate, thats not necessarily true. Most all cabinet makes these days use full range speakers. So a B string coming out of a 10 might be better sounding than out of a 15. The only thing that changes, pretty much, is the rumble factor.

Heavier, the 10" is basically a practice amp, the 12" would be loud enough for a band without a drummer, and the 15" is probably what you'd want if you play with a band. Get the 15".
  4. gumby7

Feb 15, 2000
    i own the hartke kickback 15 and after lookin around for about 4 or 5 months i found that it was the best sounding amp in its price range. it works great with a drummer as im usually just jammin with a drummer and i have no problem when we add a guitar or two sometimes. i love it. its a good amp check it out.
  5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Anyone have an opinion if a kickback 12 would perform well for hard rock w/slapping ie flea & claypool, or if I'm better off with something else? (I'm not around any Hartke dealers I know of)