Hartke KICKBACK10 Bass Combo Amp how is it??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by magoo4stringwiz, Jun 21, 2002.

1. magoo4stringwiz

May 21, 2002
    I'm thinking of buying the Hartke KICKBACK10 Bass Combo Amp, someone tell me all about it, cuz im not spending 300 dollars unless i know everything about it so please tel me everything about it ONLY IF YOU HAVE IT.
  2. Hey:
    I have this 10" kickback. I'm not sure what your looking for (wanna tell me what you want to know about it), but its a Hartke, it sounds like a Hartke- warm punchy and tight.
    It has a nice one dial in center eq, a bass , mid, and treble boost/cut and gets plenty loud for a small room size practice amp. It will compete w/ a decent drum set, but not a mid sized guitar amp. I use it strictly as a practice cab, I also used the head to drive a hartke 210 extension cab-works well there too.

You are familar w/ the hartke sound?

The reason i went w/ the 10" and not the 12 or 15 kickback, is becuz of the size/weight. The 10" kickback is approx 30lbs (little under) where the 12" and 15" kickback jump over 45lbs.

Alternatives might be the SWR working man12, and the eden nemesis combo, they cost about the same.
    Not sure what you're looking for

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I use the Hartke kickback 12 its a little more versatile than the 10 and it will handle more aggresiveness(heavy accents) without distorting the speaker.it has a DI input as well as the 10 and that can come in handy,and it cost just a little more than the 10.