Hartke Kilo input voltage selector

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by daveking, Aug 7, 2013.

1. daveking

daveking

May 10, 2013
    The input voltage selector for the Kilo is confusing: slide left towards the 100V position, the red tab shows "240V". Not intuitive at all.
    Which is the correct position for 240V? Please answers from owners only, thanks :)

2. daveking

daveking

May 10, 2013
    thanks but the official manual is however not specific on the setting.

3. gregorygo4

gregorygo4

May 2, 2008
    Push the switch to the right if you want 240V operation, but keep in mind that you need to swap the fuse out before powering it back on. The manual should state the type of fuse required.

4. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    I'm not an owner, so I hope my answer is welcome...

These switches can sometimes be confusing. First of all, unplug the amp before changing the setting, and don't try to power it up unless you're absolutely sure it's set correctly, obviously.

When we use those switches here at Peavey, the printing on the red switch is showing you the voltage setting that the switch is set at, NOT switch it that way to get that setting, if that's what you're asking.

EDIT, definitely change the fuse if you're changing the setting and not just checking it.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The fuse for 240V should be half the value of the one specified for 120V.

6. daveking

daveking

May 10, 2013
    thanks, that was exactly my question. Your post states the opposite of the previous post #4, since if I slide the switch to the right (240V), the label on the red reads 120V, i.e. the groove of the switch is below the 240 mark but the red tab says 120. So I guess I'm none the wiser :(

btw, for the fuse, correct: 5amp for 240, 10amp for 120.

7. daveking

daveking

May 10, 2013
    @ BbbyBld, your assumption was correct: the white print on the red tab indicates the selected input voltage. I called Hartke beforehand to confirm (the man checked on the amps they had there) and I've been playing for half a day now without an issue.

Thanks
    Dave

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

You did change the fuse yes???

9. daveking

daveking

May 10, 2013
    it came with the correct fuse - 250V 8A :)

10. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Thank you for assuaging my fears. :D

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021