1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke LH1000 too many Watts for GK Backline 115BLX-II ????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 333Z333, Oct 3, 2013.

1. 333Z333

333Z333

Oct 3, 2013
    Hey guys,

i just bought the Hartke LH1000 in combination with the 4.5 B XL box. I have a great offer for a GK Backline 115BLX-II because i want something for the boost.
    But i am a lil concerned if i can connect them without any problems. Like if the watts of my amp would just blow the box away :rolleyes:

Any help would be great, thanks :bassist: ;)

2. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Wait and buy another 4.5LX

3. I would pass.

4. 333Z333

333Z333

Oct 3, 2013
    hey guys thanks for the quick answer.
    so why dont you think it's a good idea ?

5. Personally, I don't think you will hear much, if any, boost from the addition of that cabinet. The 4.5XL already has a pretty solid low end. I have seen lots of guys use just one of those and get very loud. If you had one you would likely get more benefit from using it just to elevate the 4.5XL.

I saw a used 410XL at my local GC today for 199 and that would be a much better option I think. Another 4.5XL would be even better. Really though, you should try your 4.5XL and see what you think of it first.

As for blowing that box away, it is easily possible since it only handles 200W and your amp puts out a lot more than that per channel. However, it also has a balance control so you can compensate for that easily. Still, I don't think it is going to keep up with the 4.5XL very well so you would be tempted to turn up and that's when the problems would start.

6. Do a search on mixing a 4x10 and a 1x15. There's a lot of reasons not to do so.

7. 333Z333

333Z333

Oct 3, 2013
    Okay, thank you guys. That was really helpful. I will think about it and will inform myself more about this :)

8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Plus the Backline cabs really suck. GK makes some very nice stuff but the Backline cabs are beginner junk.