Hartke lh1000 with SWR cabs???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jazz-e-j, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jazz-e-j

jazz-e-j

Mar 24, 2006
    los angeles, ca
    Ok, I've read the threads about over-powering cabs vs under-powering cabs etc.!!

Heres the deal with me. I have an SWR 350X with a Goliath Jr 2X10 and a Son of Bertha 1X15(350watts each). This setup sounds great, until some headroom is needed, in say, an outdoor or 2 guitar, 3 keyboard and a drummer , no PA situation!

After the good reviews and respected endorsements I've taken notice of as of late, I'm thinkin of grabbin one of these amps! I plan on running it in "bridge"mode as described in the manual.

My question to yall, in your experience with a similar situation, bad idea or good idea???

I play(what they call) contemporary jazz, R&B, Urban Gospel, Funk and Neo Soul...I have a Performance Jazz 5 similar to the one Maurice Fitzgerald played.

your help is appreciated!!!

jason

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    headroom is great if you have cabs that can take it. i'd be very surprised, though, if those swr cabs could take 350w each without sounding like they're going to blow up. nor do i think you'd get significant volume improvement with a higher powered head. you could probably squeeze a little bit more out of them, and that may be enough for you, but i don't know...it's something i would definitely try before i buy.

3. jazz-e-j

jazz-e-j

Mar 24, 2006
    los angeles, ca
    So with your experience, what would you recommend for this concern Jimmy?? and by the way, i dont post or reply much. But I've always read and respected your experience. Thanks for your input

jason

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    thanks a lot, jason! i appreciate it. i don't know that the lh1000 wouldn't work for you. since you seem like you're just short of getting what you need, it just might be enough wattage boost to where you're getting what you need. however, you'd really have to be careful once you start pushing it. not a problem if you listen for warning signs and obey what they're telling you, though.

how do you stack your cabs? do you stack the 210 vertically in line with the 115? if not, you might want to try that as well. then you'd have a 10" pointed more toward your head than your butt. and if you have a rack for your head, you could stack the 210 cab on top of the rack and get it even higher.

i don't know...i'm sure people will chime in with more ideas that result in spending money, but i always like to try the not spending money route first.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021