1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke LH500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ross19, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Ross19

Ross19

Dec 3, 2018
    I recently purchased a Hartke LH500 head and am running it thru a Hartke 4-10. Up til the other day the amp sounded amazing. Today I noticed that it took like 30 seconds before I could play thru it and it sounded distorted. I’ve never gotten the amp over 3 yet. I changed the 9v in my Ibanez SR655 and that helped a little bit there was still a crackle and an occasional noise or clip even when not playing. Before I send this back, has anyone else had this issue? Should I replace the preamp tube?

2. keyboardguy

keyboardguy Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    I'd take the tube out and reinstall it so it re-seats into the socket and see what happens.
    And yes, it takes a little time for the tube to warmup that's normal.

3. Ross19

Ross19

Dec 3, 2018
    I did just now. I’m starting to wonder if the issue is in my bass. I hooked up another instrument and it made no sounds. I’ve got a lot of static in the volume pod and wondering if it’s not the issue. And yes, I’m new to tubes.