1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke Opinions for Cabs and Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chasbo, May 15, 2011.

1. Chasbo

Chasbo

Mar 10, 2011
    I am in the process of buying two Hartke Cab's. An XL 210 and an XL 115. I havent purchased an Amp yet but leaning towards a Hartke HA 2500 (250 Watts) or a Galien Krueger 400RB. My music is versatile from Country to Blues. Mid size and small Venues. Two questions here. Will this particular set up handle a Low B on my Ray 35 and I am looking for advise in which amp to purchase. Budget is an issue. Thanx

2. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    I only know Hartke by what I read and see posted on this forum. Still, the LH500 is only $100 more for more power. More headroom is important. I don't mix cabs but that is up to you. My preference is for at least a 410 cab to start off. Hartke seems to be featured at most of the big stores, so you should be able to try out most of what they offer at a locl store......................Good luck . . . :cool:

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    it should handle a low B fine.

4. Aussie Player

Aussie Player

Apr 20, 2011
    Keep it all Hartke and it will match up better.
    I bought 2 eack of the VX 2x15 cabs (Paper cones)
    1 of the XL 8x10's (Alum cones)
    1 of the XL 2x10's (alum cones)
    2 of the HA 5500 500W heads
    1 of the HA 3500 350W heads

I mix and match these and have used the lot in combination and they all sound collectively and as individual pieces, teh best amps I have played for clarity, punch, tight, clear and deep bottom ends regardless of active or passive basses played.

I suggest you get a HA 5500 head as they will cover any size job you do including outside work and then grow your box collection starting with a 4x10. The Hydrive box will only give you 350W output because it is 8 Ohms so I would look towards the 4 Ohm options unless you want to stay with your original combo of 1x15 plus 2x10. It will be good but I still recommend you go with the 500W head.

5. Dead Boy

Dead Boy

Jul 13, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsed Artist: WBGear.com and SIT Strings
    agreed. keep it all hartke and itll sound best.

however, id say step up the head to the 3500 and drop the 210xl. with the better head you can DI and use the 115xl as you onstage personal monitor and u can always pump your bass thru the PA too. just a thought.

6. HA5500 + Hydrive HX410. Great sound plus not too heavy. XL cabs are good but 410 is nearly 100lbs!

7. leomonster1973

leomonster1973

Apr 10, 2013
    I dug out the oldearly 90's era 410XL for my kid the other day...tested my M-9 Carbine through it....Ummmm. Color me impressed. Granted I turned the Bass knob on the three band EQ all the way up had the mid at 12:00 and Treble at roughly 2:30 but wow good sound. I always liked my XL's but ironically not with the Hartke Amps (I bought two different HA 350's at different times). I used this cab with a Trace GP12, a Gallien Kruegar 800RB, and a Peavy Mark VIII, Then I started "collecting" amps and cabs but this one will always hold a place. I hope my son doesnt blow it up. If your band is LOUD the Hartke will punch through clear-er than any other cabinet. Good luck.