Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke Or Peavey?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by patrickroberts, May 5, 2005.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    ive got a choice between a Hartke B600 60 watt bass amp. And a peavey Basic 112 75 watt amp........which one is best? The hartke is a kickback model aswell, does that really make that much difference?

2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    I own a couple of Peavey combos and a Hartke full-stack and I think Peavey wins in the combo departament. Both of them have almos the same (rather poor :( ) tone shapping options, but I think the Basic 112 will be noticeably louder than the Hartke, despite the close power rating. Just my 0.02...

ANDRUCA

3. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    yeah, probably peavey if you're going a combo, hartke for a stack

4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

5. A kickback amp lets you hear your sound in a way that your ankles can't. I'd go the Hartke route.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The Peavey will still be kicking long after the Hartke has died of old age. You'll probably see it in a pawn shop after you're 70 years old and retired . . . .

7. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

I think you cannot go wrong with any of those two. I have a preference for the Hartke as I had a B60 and really liked it. I did compare it to a Peavey and thought it had a "slightly" better sound for what I wanted it for.