Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lawnpatio, Oct 24, 2000.

1. lawnpatio

lawnpatio

Jun 27, 2000
    Fellow Hartke owners, could you please help me on this one. I'm trying to figure out whether I should get the 4.5 xl or the 2x15 xl cab. I play ALL types of music, and use the 3500 model head. I know that the 2x15 cab is 4 ohms, so I would get my full 350 watts out of the cab from my head, while I could only get 240 out of the 4.5 xl (considering its 8 ohms). Any opinions, feedback at all???? Thanks

2. Acacia

Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i've got the 3500 as well, but i didn't get all the "ooomph" out of the XL that I wanted. so i bought a SWR

3. Doug

Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Sean makes a good point. You don't necessarily have to use Hartke cabs because you have a Hartke head. Although I prefer their cabs over their heads. Try your head with other cabs. Take your bass and head, go to a couple of music stores, plug and play. Which ever cabs sound best to you, in your price range, is the one to get. Sounds easy doesn't it?;)

4. Mr Bassman

Mr Bassman

Aug 28, 2000
    UK
    It sounds like you need a versatile sound from your cab so IMHO I would go for the 2x15. The beauty of a Hartke 2x15 is that I would imagine you get quite good deep bass (~30-40Hz) reproduction as well as that characteristic bright, clean Hartke top end. Only thing is that the 2x15 will probably weigh in at about 90Kg (approx 175lbs). Not ideal without a roadie.