Hartke owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lawnpatio, Oct 24, 2000.

1. lawnpatio

Jun 27, 2000
    Fellow Hartke owners, could you please help me on this one. I'm trying to figure out whether I should get the 4.5 xl or the 2x15 xl cab. I play ALL types of music, and use the 3500 model head. I know that the 2x15 cab is 4 ohms, so I would get my full 350 watts out of the cab from my head, while I could only get 240 out of the 4.5 xl (considering its 8 ohms). Any opinions, feedback at all???? Thanks
  2. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    i've got the 3500 as well, but i didn't get all the "ooomph" out of the XL that I wanted. so i bought a SWR
  3. Doug

Apr 5, 2000
    Buffalo, N.Y.
    Sean makes a good point. You don't necessarily have to use Hartke cabs because you have a Hartke head. Although I prefer their cabs over their heads. Try your head with other cabs. Take your bass and head, go to a couple of music stores, plug and play. Which ever cabs sound best to you, in your price range, is the one to get. Sounds easy doesn't it?;)
  4. Mr Bassman

Mr Bassman

Aug 28, 2000
    It sounds like you need a versatile sound from your cab so IMHO I would go for the 2x15. The beauty of a Hartke 2x15 is that I would imagine you get quite good deep bass (~30-40Hz) reproduction as well as that characteristic bright, clean Hartke top end. Only thing is that the 2x15 will probably weigh in at about 90Kg (approx 175lbs). Not ideal without a roadie.