Hartke Pro cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ndjx, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    Anyone tried the Hartke 2100, 2200, 4200 cabs? I saw an ad in Bass Player and really like the way the speakers are aimed upward and its not a tiltback. But has anyone tried these?
  2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I tried the 4200 "after hours" at SamAsh- not a "stage" condition, but at least I could hear myself:D
    If you like Hartke & the sound, you will dig these.
    I do & I did-
    They use the XL drivers, add a HF horn, & the cabinet I think is ported effectively and seems to project very well. I would use one myself, no problem.

For some reason, Hartke cabs get a lot of bad feedback- To each their own opinion & experience-
    I've used a 2.5XL for a couple years, given it a real workout, and have been happy with both the sound and its durability. I think the pro line is a nice development in their arsenal.
  3. stonedbassist

stonedbassist Guest

Mar 16, 2002
    I have a 4200 cab pushed by a HA4000. boy that thing could move the earth! I had my dad play it in the basement at vol 3-4 while I walked down the street and I could still hear it a block away. The only drawback is that it is HUGE for a 4x10 and it only has 2 wheels and it weighs 125 lbs, so its pretty hard to get in and out of a van or down stairs. What I do like is that the tweeter has a volume control on the back of the cab plus choice between twistlok connector or 1/4".