1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke Pro cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ndjx, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Anyone tried the Hartke 2100, 2200, 4200 cabs? I saw an ad in Bass Player and really like the way the speakers are aimed upward and its not a tiltback. But has anyone tried these?

2. LarryJ

LarryJ banned

Dec 12, 1999
    Encino, CA (LA)
    I tried the 4200 "after hours" at SamAsh- not a "stage" condition, but at least I could hear myself:D
    If you like Hartke & the sound, you will dig these.
    I do & I did-
    They use the XL drivers, add a HF horn, & the cabinet I think is ported effectively and seems to project very well. I would use one myself, no problem.

For some reason, Hartke cabs get a lot of bad feedback- To each their own opinion & experience-
    I've used a 2.5XL for a couple years, given it a real workout, and have been happy with both the sound and its durability. I think the pro line is a nice development in their arsenal.

3. stonedbassist

stonedbassist Guest

Mar 16, 2002
    chicagoland
    I have a 4200 cab pushed by a HA4000. boy that thing could move the earth! I had my dad play it in the basement at vol 3-4 while I walked down the street and I could still hear it a block away. The only drawback is that it is HUGE for a 4x10 and it only has 2 wheels and it weighs 125 lbs, so its pretty hard to get in and out of a van or down stairs. What I do like is that the tweeter has a volume control on the back of the cab plus choice between twistlok connector or 1/4".