Hartke 'shape' question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassteban, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Is there something that works like the Hartke shape knob(on the Kickback combos)? I've read a bit of the exsisting threads & have surmised that although the Attack pedal has the shape dealio, it has other baggage I'm not interested in- the EQ being active all the time, mostly, & I'm not after any distortion. The reason I ask is that I really like the shape function- particularly for DB- but I'd like to be able to plug that ability into any amp. Perhaps a parametric EQ of some sort... thoughts?
  2. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Hartke Bass Attack pedal do that and I think it's very nice ...
  3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    HE just said that he doesn't want the Hartke Bass Attack. I can't think of any thing of the top of my head.
  4. Racsen

Dec 6, 2003
    Sorry i didnt see it but it does his job :)
  5. chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    The EQ on that sucka is always active? That's a bummer, I just ordered one and was hoping to use it as a stomp box, kind of like my Sansamp BDDI.
  6. johnp352

johnp352 Supporting Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist:,Rick Turner, GK, Malekko, Dredgetone, Pigtronix, DTAR
    but when you set it "flat"..it's supposed to be "out",,but it's not..nor is it true bypass.

As far as the shape thing..it's a notch filter..so a parametric with a tight "q" would do that trick. I don't think there's anything in the least bit special about it..except that it's one knob..with the Q width always the same..all you're sweeping are the freq's, which on the one hand makes it easier to use then a parametric, but on the other hand..a lot more limited as well.

I bought one to use as a cheap ($44 at music 123blowout..it came WITH an ac adapter and a bigass metal "disply" thing..neither of which I ordered..) it works as well as my bddi..a bit mo' finicky though..harder to adjust, but then again I have used the BDDI since Day One.

The weird thing is that lately i have also been using the Behringer bddi knockoff..and i am begining to like that one the best, tone wise..hard to explain why though..completely subjective. without getting into any "much more focused" wine tasting/bass player magazine bs..I think the Behr sounds the most like an svt..
  7. I'm thinking a nice parametric EQ or preamp pedal w/one integral to it might do what I want. Of course if my new rig does what I want all the time, I won't *need* it. I'll use it(the new amp)tomorrow for the first time, so we'll see...