1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tedward, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Tedward

Tedward Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2006
    southern california
    I used a Hartke 15" speaker cabinet the other night and really liked the sound. Does anybody know what speakers they use? Tom

2. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    Speakers they use for what? What cabinet were you playing through?

3. Tedward

Feb 15, 2006
    southern california
    Sorry, I should have metioned that it was an older cabinet with a 15" aluminum cone. Don't know the model #. Tom

4. Obese Chess

Obese Chess Spicy Big Dad Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2005
    Portland, OR
    they use their own speakers. I'm not sure I understand the question.

5. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Was it the Hartke Kickback 15? If so, they don't get so much love around here, but i've always really liked them.

6. Tedward

Feb 15, 2006
    southern california
    Thanks for the replies. I like the aluminum cone sound and being a DIY kinda guy I thought I could buy a speaker and build my own cabinet. Tom

7. 251

Oct 6, 2006
    Metro Boston MA
    Find Larry Hartke on page 19 of the member list & PM what's on your mind.

FWIW, Hartke speakers are made to his spec's.

8. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    You can order Hartke speakers at any music store that carries Hartke. (Or Samsontech maybe?)

I'm guessing you played a Transporter Series 1x15 cab?
    You also have the newer XL 1x15 cab with aluminium cone... and Hartke Kickback combo with a 1x15 alu speaker. All are different speakers. The difference is in weight and power handling.
    So be sure to know wich one you order.

I was planning to build a 4x10 cab with speakers from the older Transporter series (cabs are discontinued, speakers are still available AFAIK).

But my problem is that I am more lazy than I am DIY. :)

9. Hi.

At least the 10" TP and 10" XL speakers I have are manufactured by Eminence. I don't know about the rest, but Eminence would be my guess for those as well.

Those speakers are what the industry calls OEM speakers, so there's no way of getting them straight from Eminence. Finding out the T/S parameters from either party is pretty futile quest as well.

Regards
    Sam