1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke, SWR, or Gallien Krueger?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by javier69, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Gallien krueger 410

34 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. Hartke/ HyDrive 410

19 vote(s)
    28.8%
  3. SWR/ working PRo 410

13 vote(s)
    19.7%
  1. javier69

javier69

Mar 6, 2008
  2. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

Don't overlook 2-2x10s.. this gives you more fexibility.

3. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    I vote this be moved to amps.

4. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I think you want the amp section for this topic. the gallien-krueger neo 4x10 is a fine choice of a bass cab. I've tried out those bass cabs at a guitar center and they sound pretty cool. if you're unable to purchase the gk neo 4x10, give the hartke hydrive 4x10 a shot.

5. Id say the Hartke given the options, but if the SWR were the Goliath it would be no contest

6. Go with your gutt........G-K!

7. Billnc

Billnc

Aug 6, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I like Hartke, but if your choice is these three, life is probably good.

8. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD Supporting Member

May 20, 2005
    Norman, OK, USA
    HyDrive is Sexah.

9. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    If you Said the SWR Goliath 410's then thats what my vote would go for!!!...i dont dig the backline stuff to much i figure why not just put out the lil bit more to get something you know is going to be what you really want... instead of something that you dont really want ... but because it is cheaper then well i will get it...in the end you will end up upgrading anyways...so why not just do it right the first time??... Dont know if that helps, some people may not agree but hey thats why we live in what i hope is a free world!!! Cheers Mate Best if Luck!!

10. The G-K NEO cabs are not "BackLine" cabs, they are Artist series. So what are you speaking of?

11. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    This.

MM

12. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Sorry Mate But he did not Say whether or not it was neo or other wise i was speaking more to the SWR working man stuff...... .. But yeah if he is talking neo then for sure They are good stuff and have heard a lot of good things about them. i just have not used GK cabs much to know much about them....i use their heads and love them i have just used SWR Cabs for a long time and have always loved their sound for what i do... but like i said that is just me!!! ;)

13. Ah, don't know the SWR's all that well, but did click on the links and saw the G-K was the NEO series. :)

14. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    ...lol Well I guess then we are just going to have to learn each other what SWR are GK Cabs are to both of us...lol.. Had a GK 700rb 210 Combo once was a good sound lil thing... but other then that have been SWR and Untell i have the Money to Spend on some more Gear i will Be SWR for a wail... But my Next set of cabs to add to my collection will Be ether a set of GK 410 neo's or a Set of GK 410 RBH'S... Just not sure which yet....have to get my wife on side with that...LOL:D:hyper:

15. The NEO's have become my new favorites, the RBH are killer ceramic cabs (but hire roadies). Wife's not the trouble for me, it's the landloard! :D Why they want to be paid every month?? :bassist:

16. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    LOL...Well The weight dont bother me to much the swr Cabs a pretty hefty them selfs.....So I have to ask how do you find the noe's cab sound compared to the RBH"S??... I like c cab with a Solid B String... and i get that from my SWR's... They Kick!!!

17. The RBH are mellower, thicker, more pounding sound, the NEO's are by no means thin. The NEO's just sound more natural to me, they seem to push the lower end further out front. All IME, IMO, nothing scientific here. I have the NEO412, it came out a couple years before the NEO 410. Played the 410 and been thinking......that 412 is mighty loud and by that I mean hard to tame lately. I could also use the drop in wattage from the Fusion going from 4 ohm to 8 ohms :)

18. javier69

javier69

Mar 6, 2008
    I'm really a long time Gk user, buuuuuuuut for $$ problem I have to use F**** Behringer, nothing wrong with them just make the job for the money... but thanks Gos it's time to get back to the good sound business, but I see a good options around ( I think) like SWR and Hartke... but the Neo ones get my attention...

19. javier69

javier69

Mar 6, 2008
    Thanks!