hartke transporter 2X10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fat jonny, Mar 18, 2001.

1. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    I am looking for an inexpensive cab to add on to my combo, mostly because i want some 10's in there to give a little better top end crispness because my 15 incher cant quite get the amount of treble that i like sometimes. I was looking at the Hartke transporter 2X10 mainly because its small and cheap but i was wondering before i buy one are they ok? basically, do they sound decent, are they reliable, is there anything i should know before i get one? thanks a lot, its much appreciated!
  2. Hey! Dont ignore hartke! I am too looking at this cab because it is pretty cheap and light, and i noticed that there was no feedback on it, and it isnt even on the first page anymore, so i am bootin it back up to the top! I hear people bashing the transporter series a lot, and i dont know why. I havent heard one, but they seem to be very "economically priced." I am on an economy sized budget too, so i would like to know what the big beef is on these cabs! It seems that people dislike them so much that they didnt even answer the question! So please some feedback, because fat johnny and I would like to know your opinions on this cab. Your opinions are greatly valued ;)~!~
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    i just played a hArtke 2x10 in the store today. it had no bottom end and sounded very trebbly. i didnt like it much at all. mostly due to the lack of bottom end
  4. LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    Great cab for small gigs (really small) you dont want to overpower this cab. The aluminium cones do give off a treble tone, but with some adjustment on your head you can get a nice balanced sound.
    Combining the 2x10 with a 4x10 or 1x15 will make your sound louder not really better imho :) I got rid of mine to make way for another 4x10. I really dig the dual 4x10 set ups. (any brand)
  5. yeah i hear the cone drivers suck cause of the trebleness. i have the HartkeB90 which isnt a cone driver so i cant comment too much on what your looking at. but if its all you can spend right now, it might be a good idea. i emphasize on might.