1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke Transporter 4x10: reliability Q

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 12stringbassist, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Hiya,

I bought a whole Hartke rig a few years ago. 3500 / Transporter 2x10 and 1x15 cabs. The 1x15 cab died twice while under warranty and went back to the shop. I kept the amp and 2x10 and replaced the big cab with a 4x10 by Ashdown -which I love.

There is a good offer to get a new Transporter 4x10 cab, (which weighs 20lbs less than the Ashdown).

Before I commit and probably sell the Ashdown 4x10: Is the Hartke Transporter 4x10 durable and reliable, or are there known problems with this range. I am worried after the 1x15 debacle (though the 2x10 is great).

Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. Hi there,I have had my Hartke 4x10 and 2x10 cabs for nearly 6 years and had no problems with either of them.I tried both the Hartke and Ashdown 4x10 cabs next to each other and much preffered the Hartke as it was a lot clearer and punchier.
    Hope this helps !!

3. End result... :)

[​IMG]