Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

HARTKE TRANSPORTER CABS NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bannedwit, Jul 20, 2005.

1. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    As the title above says, I need some help with info on my transporter series cabinets from Hartke.
    I have the 4x10 one and the 1x15 one.
    Here is the info i have on them and is all that i can find online:
    4x10 = 300watts power handling at 8 ohms.
    1x15 = 150 watts power handling at 8 ohms.

Questions are:
    1.) My 1x15 blew. The old man is an electrician and said that he gets no reading at the voice coil so that must be bad. I know these can be replaced but... Which voice coil should I get? What should I look for etc...
    2.) Also, I just got a SWR WorkingPro 700 Bass amp. The 1/4 inch speaker inputs are wired in parallel. I know that means my 2 8ohm speakers will end up getting me 4ohms output. If it was series then i would have somethign like 16 ohms. Anyways, When I see parallel cabinets, they have 2 input jacks. My hartke's have only one.
    What does that mean to me if I connect my 4x10 only or my 1x15 only? Won't my amp be i guess you could say expecting 2 connections in the back? My 1x15 blew like i said before so I will be running my 4x10 through the SWR amp for a couple weeks. Wwill anythign bad happen. I am clueles to this this whole ohm and power thing so this is why I ask...
    Thank you all who can help me in advance.