1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke TX600

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ikk Ygg, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Ikk Ygg

Ikk Ygg

Jan 31, 2017
    Berlin, Germany
    Hi everybody.

I'm trying to buy my first amp + cab, and I wanna invest in something that I won't need to replace at least within a year. TX600 looks like a great option, especially considering size/weight, but I saw like 2-3 posts where people said they sold it because it was too quiet.

Since it's kind of subjective, and I haven't found anything that would help me figure things out, I decided to create a new thread (sorry if I should've done that :))

I intend to play in average size rehearsal room + random festival gigs here and there. We play rock/metal, but we aren't super-intense and we're able to use volume knobs (except for the drummer obviously).

Thanks in advance for any related comment!

2. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I have a TX600 and also a LH500.... I prefer the LH500, although being 100 fewer watts, I feel it has more balls than the TX600, a class D amp. That being said .. the TX600 weighs only 7 lbs. whereas the LH500 is 32 lbs.
    I run those amps thru twin 112 Hartke Hydrives. Both amps work well and can keep up with a 6 piece rock band with a loud drummer. With the TX600 you have to do more dialing in for your tone thru Frequency and Shape controls.. also Compression.. I can fit the TX600 in my laptop case. Pictured below was with a 7 piece band and had only one cab but running thru a DI box.

20161216_122156.jpg
    The LH500 with both cabs
    IMG_0010_zps39c3f28a.jpg

3. Ikk Ygg

Ikk Ygg

Jan 31, 2017
    Berlin, Germany
    Thanks a bunch, sir, this is basically what I was hoping to hear!