1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

hartke vs gk

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 77mmstingray, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 77mmstingray

77mmstingray

Jan 29, 2012
    does anyone have any likes or dislikes
    i know this is a matter of personal taste, i know their are many different models, this is just a general inquiry

2. Winoman

Winoman

May 15, 2005
    Vienna, VA
    I own both and love both. I have a GK MB150S-III (with 12" extension speaker) for jazz & club-dates, and a Hartke HA3500 with 1X15 & 2X10 speakers for my R&R/Blues gigs.

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I also own both and love both. GK 1001RB-II or GK BL600 through a Hartke 410XL.
    Maybe I go all out Hartke and replace the GK with a HA3500 or HA5500.

4. JMac- Wiskerface Designs

JMac- Wiskerface Designs Terror headcase dude

Jul 8, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Both are excellent brands. However, the tonal character will vary between the to brands and specific models. I have owned a few Hartke amps, and they were rock solid ("Transient attack" HA2500-back in the 90's, LH500, and LH1000). I have played through a few GK's, (provided backline) that were awesome as well.
    As stated, all are good amps (but not My prefered flavor). FWIW- I would recomend trying a few models, from both and see which one suits Your tonal goals and/or budgetary restraints.

5. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    I have owned both, Ran a GK amp & Hartke cab (4x10 XL) for 10 years with no issues.
    I bought a Hartke combo amp & found it to be poor quality, got rid of it.

6. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Which combo? I was thinking of maybe getting an A100 for home practice.

7. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

I own them both... any damage to either has been my silliness... They're voiced different... "better" is subjective...