Hartke VX 410 vs. Avatar B410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassWizard55, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Hartke VX 410

4 vote(s)
  2. Avatar B410

12 vote(s)
  1. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    I need a cheap 4x10 quick, what are your thoughts?

Also, how much are the GK Backline 4x10's? I haven't been able to find a price anywhere.
  2. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Also, what do you all of you think of the Carvin RL410t?
  3. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    I had a Carvin RL410T for a short while. Good at low volumes but seemed to get mushy at higher levels. I recommend going for the Avatar or the Hartke instead.
  4. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    do not buy the hartke when for a few bucks more, you can get the avatar!!

i have both the avatar and the hartke vx. the vx sounds horrible. no tweeter control. the speakers are farty and it only handles 400watts. the avatar has a tweeter control and uses eminence speakers and the cab can handle 1400watts. dave will probably send it off the same day (if you call before 2pm). the hartke vx series is nothing like the higher priced cabs (those are really nice). i felt that i got more then i paid for with my avatar. if you really need a cab, go rent one for the gig or whatever and save a few bucks to get the avatarhttp://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77853&highlight=avatar
  5. ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    I have the GK Backline 410BLX it's a pretty nice cab. It doesn't handle a low-B good at all. D is fine though. It's very punchy and while it has no tweeter it works very well for slap.
  6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I definately have to agree with nojazz. I hated the Hartke Vx series cabs. They sounded too mushy in my opinion and just didn't nail the sound I was looking for. Then again, I'm not a big fan of Hartke at all. I'm not too big on their higher end products either.