Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke vx 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve-o, Jun 9, 2003.

1. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i just bought this cab...im very surprised at well it was constructed and how it sounds...
    with a 15 vx added...it sounds great!!!!! i love it... i planned on buying an xl or the 2x12 cab but this sounded great and it was cheaper...

all around im very happy with it..

any body else have one?
    i can't search because vx is under three letters....

steve

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Try VX410 or VX 410. There have been some posts and while the VX 115 got some kudos, the opinions seemed less positive on the VX 410.

However...if you like it, that's really the opinion that matters, isn't it?

3. good man!

I've tried the VX115 with a 3500 head which i now own... the thing that deterred me from buying the 115 VX cab is the power rating and people's experience with bad speakers and such. All in all, I loved the VX 115, but it seemed like I would've had to add a 4x10 when i tried it alone. I played through the XL410 and it was freaking sweet man, a really nice cab, but I didnt have $600. I ended up with the Avatar CB115 which should come this or next week.

I recently heard a VX410 at a school battle of the bands tuned to drop D and it handled quite well... Rumbled the floor, heh... Nice little cabs. Great price.

4. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    what is wrong with the power rating?
    people get worked up about power ratings to much.
    you could run 1500 watts to that cab and have no problem...but then try to run a 300 watt head that is clipping.....
    you damage speakers usually by underpowering them instead of over powering them....
    300 watts isn't bad...
    your head is only 200 watts at 8 ohms anyways..

steve

5. VX115 cab; Program handling 300 watts. RMS is 75 watts as the SPEAKER INSIDE is rated at 75 watts. The 3500 head is 240 watts at 8 ohms. That cab, in reality doesnt handle 300 watts, they exagerate that by sayin 300 watts RMS, but really it's 75 or so watts RMS, and the 300 is PROGRAM. Dude, running 1500 watts into that VX115 is a bad idea. You don't have experience with hartke, and lemme tell you, the VX115 will bottom out before you clip the 3500... The 3500 may be 240 watts at 8 ohms, but its a loud 240.

6. I mean I wouldnt worry about overpowering it, but Ive heard of people frying those VX115s with their hartke 2000 heads which put out 120 watts at 8 ohms... I said I like the cabs, but I'm paranoid about power ratings that aren't real.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    mine is collecting dust, it just doesn't sound good. i'm trying to sell it to the san antonio area. oh well. you get what you pay for - different from the other hartke stuff - some of the other stuff rocks!

i replaced it for an avatar

8. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ? you are not going to blow the speaker with a 3500..running at 240 watts. unless you have it turned all the way up...im sorry but you could put a 1000 watt and turn it up to 3 and be fine all day long....

want to sell the cab to me?

steve