Hartke VX-series cabs. Opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Sep 24, 2002.

1. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How do they sound? The price and the weight is tempting. How do they sound? What would you compare their sound to?
  2. Sprinkler

Sprinkler [account disabled]

Jul 31, 2002
    lol, i was just e-shopping for a cab and I was gonna post exactly the same topic ! :)

they're fokkin' cheap allright! wattage ain't lookin bad either, paper cones, nice look :)....

anybody has one?
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    i liked their sound much better than the aluminum cones but i heard that they don't handle well in the long run. the 4x10 had decent lowe end and punch but the 15 just turned to mush when pushed. itwas only with the hartke 2000 that i played them with so i can't say if they can handle more power or not.
  4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    Didn't the VX series just get introduced recently? What you're saying implies that you've heard of them breaking down after a year. Can you clarify that for me?
  5. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    a local guy bought them off of m/f the first week they came out, he loves the alum cabs and tried these. he fried the fifteen in 6 months and then the 4x10 about 3 mos. later. he doesn't play real loud or hard either. he is the only one i've known to try them though...
  6. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    I've tried them a few times at mars. There not all that bad as people say, but there definatley poop compared to my swr goliat jr. but if your lookin for a low volume cab, not pushin more than 200watts, go for it.