Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke VX1508?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CrawlingEye, Sep 11, 2003.

1. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Have any of you heard of this cabinet? I went to hartke's site and saw it, it seems like a realtively nice cabinet, as I like the intimate tone of 15"'s and the clear yet punchy sound of 8"'s.

[​IMG]

It says it's rated at 8Ohms, which is the downfall of the cab. However, where I've seen it listed at, it's only listed as selling for $350, which sounds quite odd to me.

Any thoughts?

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    they aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be...but for that there is a swr triad in the for sale forum for $400..thats a better deal

steve

3. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Could you link me to the thread? I couldn't find it.

4. The VX cabs are decent for the price. They have definition, which is cool, and the VX410 is 3x times better than that Carvin Cyclops. I'd buy this cab over that POS carvin, even though this hartke is a copy cat of that carvin cab.

For this same price, there is avatar, which is a thing to consider.

5. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    So, in short, these cabs are designed to be cost-efficient?

It seems that they advertise them to be high quality cabinets.

6. Basically. I haven't had the opportunity to plug into a VX 2x8 + 15 cab yet, but I can tell you I was digging their 410 when used with my hartke 3500 and my avatar CB115 at a jam session and also their VX115 cab is pretty nice when used with a 410.

These VX cabs aren't as nice as their XL cabs, but for the price they are awesome.

They sound best when 2 of the cabs are combined;)but I'd rather look into a better single cab, and this 2x8+15 VX cab may just be what I'm talking about for the price.

For the most part, Peavey and Avatar blow these VX cabs out of the water for the price.

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania

I'm not so sure about Peavey, granted they have excellent equipment (IMO) but the Pro series cabs are among the most expensive cabinets out. Which I'd like to get, but are a bit too pricey for me.

8. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    One should get this cabinet just for the looks, IMO.

Fer gods sake, it looks like it eats geetarists for breakfast! :bassist:

9. looks like the good ol peavey 1516, what a great cabinet...wish i bought it with the peavey mark 4 when i had the chance :crying: but i wonder if that hartke does sound simular

10. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    I just purchased one of the Hartke VX1508 cabinets from the GC in Orage CTso when it gets here I'll let you know how it sounds. And it looks cool as all get out!!!
    I always wanted a Peavey 1508, but never found one. I got it for a good price and if I don't like the sound I'll reload it with a 15 Black Widow, and two JBL 8's with a crarvin Red Eye horn and make it a 4ohm cab instead of 8. I'll keep you posted