Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke VX210's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Apr 26, 2005.

1. whats everyones opinions on these cabs, tried one with my trace elliot head today (which is still on layby in the store)...sounded nice, im thinking 2 of them might be nice, rather cheap cabinets too, will need a power amp to get better effiiciency from them though

the 410xl's are nice as well

i was surpirsed, when i went in there my mates who works there had it set up the ha3500 into the vx210 and the 410xl...damn that rig kicked serious booty

2. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I don't like the VX's, they sound like a big wet fart to me, especially at gig volume. The tin can Hartkes are a matter of preference, some swear by them, others (like me) can't stand them. It's up to you to decide.

3. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    If you like em, buy em, the audience ain't gonna care what gear you play through.

4. well if the audience has musicians in it they're gonna comment on me tone...i know i do...

personally i really dig hartke stuff....tommy shannon's always managed to sound good through em...especially on the el mocambo dvd.....mmmmmmm

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Well if your favourite player sounds good through them, then there is no reason why you wouldnt. Buy em.

6. cos hartke dont make the dietz cabinets anymore, i dont play a p with flats and i dont have a huge peavey rack unit, ...nor am i anywhere as good as tommy..

plus im using a trace elliot head

7. I jsut recently purchased the vx210 as well as a vx215 cab. Both of these together powered by my SWR Workingpro 400. I am very pleased. Very punchy and loud enough to gig with. I spent a great deal of time looking at different cabinets and the Hartke's gave me the most bang for the buck. I do not subscribe to the theory that you have to spend a fortune to get good sound. These Hartke's are quality cabinets and at a very affordable price. I am also impressed with the fact that Larry Hartke himself spends a great deal of time talking and listening to the little guy about what they want and desire in a cabinet. I have yet to see that from any of the other manufacturers!
    Thats my two cents!

8. I've played quite a while through a VX410 and wa spleased with it ... only it had the tendency to fart if I played too energetic. Now I combine the VX410 with an XL410 on my Warwick Quad IV (yeah, an all German stack:D) and the thing rocks ... So I would: give those VX210 a shot (and they are a real steal if you can find them secondhand)