1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke VX215 tweeter repair

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Garden Variety, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Greetings all,

New member here, and first post. I have lurked on and off for a few years.

I have a Hartke VX215 bass cab, and the tweeter (model CD34T) is shot. I have the diaphragm out, and the voice coil is definitely zorched (looks like it was off-center a tad and shorted on the magnet).

I have searched pretty extensively for replacement diaphragms, and found limited options (generic Chinese on ebay), and have checked local retailer options, too. Seems complete tweeter replacements are not common, and cost/shipping prohibitive anyway. Before just nixing the x-over and wiring the 15's direct, I thought it worth checking here for other ideas.

Thanks immensely for the collective wisdom here.

Jon

Attached Files:

2. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

I'm resurrecting this older thread because I have the same question. I see there were no replies last year. Anyone know the correct replacement for this diaghragm?

Thanks....

3. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
  4. timber22

timber22 Supporting Member

That's a good choice and should work. Thanks.