1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Hartke VX3500 Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeoffByrne, Sep 28, 2008.

1. My local Cash Converters has one of these in good condition at under $600.

I am currently playing 2 x custom cabs (Beyma 12 and Celestion 15) powered by a UK-built Ashdown MAG400.

The combo would be a neater solution, but it's a 4 Ohm cab - no extension socket, so I'd lose the use of my 15".

Anyone here any mileage with the Hartke?

2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I had the same combo for a while. It had plenty of volume and had some decent versatility, but not the greatest. The speakers blew after about 6 months, maybe, of owning it. I did get the combo used, though.

I'd say go for between 400 and 500 bucks, 500 tops. The other thing that bothered me was the weight-the sucker was HEAVY.

But, it's a great combo for a no-stairs lifestyle! Watch the pre-amp gain knobs, as the transistor can fry easily from too much of them, as they're kind of difficult to navigate.

3. Thanks. I'm suffering green eye, really. My current rig is more than good enough & I don't like the idea of no 15"

4. DanRJBrasil

DanRJBrasil

Jun 10, 2007
    I find this head brittle and harsh the speaker is trash, i just used this combo for a radio live show and it is horrible, the head is not that bad but the speakers are horrible

5. martyonbass

martyonbass

Dec 16, 2009
    I've used a VX3500 off and on for over 2 years. It has worked pretty good. I've got better volume by using the eq as an booster rather than a cutter. But unfortunately there has been intermentent signal loss, especially at a cold turn on. It has been "fixed" 3 times but the problem has always returned. The best medicine for it was the old side fist to the top of the unit.

Bad power fried the head recently, and will probably just slide another amp in the slot.

6. had one for 3 years. sold it. it was durable.. it was loud.. but i wasnt using it, and i was pretty well sick of the sound of it.

the second i plug into anything NEW by hartke.. pure heaven.

it wasnt aggressive enough for me without being thin. compressor was worthless. weighed a ton