Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke VX410 cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dougray, Aug 15, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    i just purchased a hartke VX410- 4x10 bass cabinet w/horn, for the price $299 and 400watt power handling@65lbs. not hard on the back either,,i am using the hartke 3500 head,it sounds great, recommend! thanx.. :D

2. hey.. I just read your thread..

I'm thinking of getting that exact same set up, so..
    How has it worked for you? What basses do you play with it, and how loud do you play??

3. You know, I had initally ordered a VX3500 from Sam Ash which is the VX 4x10 and the 3500 head in a combo unit. The final price was $662 shipped, but the friggin' thing was back ordered for a month, so I bagged it. I think that would've been a DECENT rig for the price. I'm curious as to what the cabinet sounds like. I've heard good things about the 3500 head.

4. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    hello, i still have the VX4x10 cabinet,i have it paired with the VX115 cabinet,the 4x10 is a good cabinet for the price,like stated earlier the cabinet is light,it handles the low B well,i play lakland 55-02's, the 15 cabinet is nice also,but the wattage rating for the 115 is exaggerated bigtime,,you can see thru to the back of the speaker and its plainly written,75WATTS,!?.the horn is rated at 50. but for the $$ they are good,not eden or ampeg caliber but have you priced those cabinets....i only play out in medium size clubs on the weekends and the hartke setup works great for me. good-luck.

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i have the vx410 also..i like alot better than the trans. and xl cabs..and im getting the 15 to go under it...
    im using a 4004 swr head, and it sounds great!

steve