Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke VX410 or 410XL

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Aug 25, 2003.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    There are one of each of these cabs going at the local music shop second hand for a grand each (~$650USD)

Which one is better value for money? I havent played through either yet, but i will next time im in the area. I read a review for the VX410 and one guy remakred that it didnt sound too crash hot with his boss overdrive. :meh:

What one do you guys think is best for the price?

2. I didn't get it quite right.. Are you saying they cost the same?? each aproximately Us $650 ??? USED?

3. normally the VX should be quite a bit cheaper and IMO with the VX this cheapness is way too easy to hear :meh:

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Never played the VX410, but I have played mamy times on the 410XL. I have always liked the 410XL.

I would buy the 410XL without thinking twice.

-Mike

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    $650 US for a USED Hartke cab is way, way too expensive.

That being said, if you can get the price down to a more reasonable 400 US, go with the XL series. Otherwise, walk away.

6. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, it is in the land of OZ...i would go for the 410xl. hartke doesn't do paper cones too well...

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Thats a bit high for either, but, the XL sounds better...

8. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im not 110% sure weather its 650US, i used the conversion rate that 1AUD=65US cents.

Anyway i asked this because i remeber people saying that this hartke product rocks, but this one which is very similar sucks.

Anyway thanks guys, the XL looks like its been trated better anyway ;)

9. The XL is usually three times as expensive as the VX.. Do the aluminium cones really compensate for that difference in price? Or are there other significant differences between the two?

By the way, how come the Transporter 410 cab is 1/3 cheaper than the XL? :confused:

I haven't been able to try all three so I wonder if you know the deal..