Hartke VX410 Vs Warwick WCA408 Which one's Better ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nick-Gray, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Nick-Gray

Nick-Gray

Apr 5, 2019
    Tbilisi
    i play in metal band and im planning to purchase 400 watt bass cabinet for rehearsals and local concerts , i selected these two cabs - Hartke VX410 and Warwick WCA408 , which one is better ? And why?

2. vinnydbass

vinnydbass

Feb 4, 2008
    Toronto
    I can’t speak for the warwick, but i’ve had 15 years experience gigging and rehearsing with my vx410. In my opinion, its an underrated cab. It made of good plywood, and the speakers are quite durable. It was cheap for a high school kid at the time. It could probably be had for a good deal these days too. Its never let me down, and I’ve overpowered it with a 500w (@8ohms) head. I also own ampeg cabs, and I almost like the hartke better. Im usually not a fan of cabs with tweeters, but this tweeter never gets harsh. Like i said, its been reliable and sounds great. I’ve paired it with SWR, ampeg, gk, fender, eden, and markbass heads, and it always sounded great. I used to gig with a band and my friend’s band played with us often. We were both in loud bands. His ampegs blew a speaker multiple times over the years and he started just using my cab whenever we played together(it also saved setup time). He always used his own head and was still able to achieve the sound he was getting from his ampegs. Its quite loud and has never sounded close to farting out, my ampegs and swr’s have funnily enough. Jack Bruce used VX series cabs for a bit, they were good enough for an experienced guy like that. My only complaints are: a) there are no castors, not really a big deal if you dont mind carrying or carting it. b) the silver rings on the speakers and tweeter look kind of 90s and cheesy. Again, underrated, affordable , great sounding, loud and well built cab. Mine has been used and abused, its held up and ive not encountered a single problem in 15 years.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  3. vinnydbass

vinnydbass

Feb 4, 2008
    Toronto
    [

4. Nick-Gray

Nick-Gray

Apr 5, 2019
    Tbilisi
    I actually own Hartke HA5500 500 watt head , and im planning using it on these cabs , i think im leaning towards the hartke vx410

5. vinnydbass

vinnydbass

Feb 4, 2008
    Toronto
    I love mine. Just get the hartke. 15 years without a single problem for me. I think I paid 400$ for it in 2004. My college instructor loved the sound it got and he is an experienced guy that has played everything under the sun since the 60s. I’ve never seen anyone else playing one, but I don’t really have anything bad to say about it. Some snobs may scoff at it, but I think its great. Its the cab i use when i can’t bring my ampeg 810.

Nick-Gray likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021