1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke vx810 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by denialofself, May 11, 2006.

1. denialofself

denialofself

May 11, 2006
    Hey, i've lurked around this site for quite sometime, and just today decided to register. I seriously think i read this site more at my office than doing any actual work. I've played bass in various hard rock bands since i was 13, and never really had any amp problems untill now. Keep in mind i have very little knowledge of ohms, or wattage.

Untill not to long ago i had a Peavey Sessionbass head and a Peavey 412 cab. Sounded great, but saddly it was stolen. After a long year of trying to rebuild my rig i had a bunch of random used gear. I traded it all in last week and for about 200$ difference got a brand new Hartke vx810 cab, rated at 4ohms/800 watts. I also have a brand new Hartke 3500 head.
    So my question is, is there no hope for the 3500 head efficiently pushing this cab? Do i ditch it in favor of a different more powerful head? Or do i use it alongside a poweramp?

2. RobertUI

RobertUI Thumper Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Herndon, VA - NoVa
    I'm sure others will chime in, but I don't see ANY problem with the setup that you've listed here. I wasn't aware that Hartke had an 8x10, but this seems to me like a pretty good setup for ya... it outta be loud as hell too :)

3. I tried a Hartke head and was impressed, that forever changed my mind about them being a Behringer equivalent.

I'd say go for it!

4. Should be fine, i recently joined the 810 club too, not hatke tho, aslong as you like how its sounding it should be all good

5. Jack Bruce of Cream uses the Hartke VX810 with a HA5500 head... it'll probably still sound great with the 3500.

6. denialofself

denialofself

May 11, 2006
    Thanks so much guys! I was just afraid of drawing too hard on the amp itself but it seems fine. I played with it in a full hour and a half rehersal last night and it was plenty loud with the volume at 9'o clock. Eventually i will get a head that better matches the rating for the cab, but for now this seems like plenty, thanks again for the replies!