Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke VX810 vs. Ashdown MAG 810 vs. Peavey TVX810

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aristotle, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    I've seen a lot of cheap 810's coming out lately and I was wondering if any of them were even any good. The Hartke and Ashdown are only 600 at American Musical, though I'm sure that the Hartke will only be shat on I figured it should get a chance. The Peavey is at MF for 750 or something close. Are any of these worth the money and the weight?

2. metalbass101

metalbass101

Jan 24, 2004
    Ive never heard about MAG 810's ,But I hear the Ashdown AMB 810 kicks the CRAP out of ampeg and swr.I dont know if thatll help but whatever.....

3. I would go with the hartke, not sure ived heard of the VX series?? theses the VX series with paper cones, and the XL series with aluminium cones. Im guessing your talking aluminium as these doesnt appear to be a VX 810. Would give the MAG and PV a miss, not that they're bad, just not quite up to the standard or value of hartke. IMO

4. redneck2wild

redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    The Peavey sounds good and is very sturdy.

5. ostrzoskrzydly

ostrzoskrzydly

Jul 1, 2003
    Getting an used Ampeg would probably be the wisest choice.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I agree. I owned one for a couple years. Held up to serious gigging without any trouble.

Only complaint I had is it didn't have the lows that I was after, so I got my Ampeg cabs.

7. Aristotle

Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    Probably the reason most of you havent heard of the new Ashdown or Hartke ones is because they just very recently came out and neither of them are on the websites for the companies yet. Both should be available around the first of April. They can be found at www.americanmusical.com