Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groveofbass, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I got me a harkte 350 head and 410XL cab.
    Just wondering how this set up rates incomparison to other choices. Dont get me wrong, i like it, it sounds great. Just wanna know if my amp is closer to a honda civic than a corvette if you know what i mean.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

If it sounds good and it's reliable, it's a good rig! Be prepared for a few Hartke basher posts to follow! I and many folks here own Hartkes and they work fine for me. Never had a problem with reliablility nor sound!
  3. Hartkes are good and reliable for the price, and just like peavey, will get bashed by some, many of which have either
    A) never tried one, or
    B) only compair them to amps that cost 3 or 4 times the amount

4. I got a Hartke 410VX and it sounds amazing with my GK700RB-II. I heard some bad things (mainly) about Hartke then I read some reviews and they seemed reliable and pretty decent (all I was looking for with my first rig) so I got it and love it.
  5. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Congrats. :) I had that exact same rig for a while. It got plenty of action and I was always pleased with it. I wish I still kept the head...

It's not high-end, but it's not even close to junk. I don't think the car comparison is fair, because Honda is not the lowest you could go. I'd say Hartkes and Honda are probably on the same level - good for the money and super reliable. ;)
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Sort of.

Heard some live, there is too much clikity-clang on them, but if you like it, that's what matters
  7. What a coincidence! Friday I got my Hartke HA3500 also plus a Hartke 215XL cab (110pound monster). Can't wait for band practice in acouple hours.....Drummer beware :)
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's a good rig. Certainly not junk, just a good, solid rig. Nothing to be embarrassed over.
  9. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    Maybe that bass player has issues with EQing. I could dial most of that out if I wanted to.

Or maybe it wasn't the XL series that you heard. The Transporter line does have a different tone.

Hartkes are supposed to be bright. That's a property of the aluminum cones. The XL series are not "sort of" junk by any means. They are mid-range cabs, and were Hartke's flagship line for many years.

I'm not trying to be rude - I'm just a Hartke defender. :smug:
  10. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hartkes pretty good, I have the HA4000 head and I run it through a GK backline 410 cab. nice amount of power and it sounds pretty good to me, of course if I had more money id go for an ampeg stack, but right now my hartkes doin just fine