Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trenken, Mar 4, 2006.

1. trenken

trenken

Apr 24, 2005
  2. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I do. It's an excellent combo amp, and is absolutely not some kind of "rehearsal" amp - you should be very happy with this as a main gig amp. When you combine the tube and SS preamps - it sounds very good, and has many nice features for pro gigging.

Skel

3. wolfs

wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    nyc
    Probably be plenty loud enough for most gigs, and I bet it's as heavy as the day is long. If you like the sound of it and if it's all you require for loudness/tone/etc, then do it... but I think people here, me being one of them, would recommend you think about a separate head/cab since it's easier to upgrade one then the other. You can look around for good deals on a used Hartke 3500 (a really good amp for the price) and whatever cab you may be interested (with a separate cab you can see if you prefer different configurations like 2x12 or 4x10 or 2x15...). But like I said, if you play the Hartke combo and you like it, who's stopping you: it's your rig! :D

4. trenken

trenken

Apr 24, 2005
    Yeah I was considering buying the components seperately, and now that I think more about it, thats probably what i'll end up doing.

But do you guys think 350 watts is good for most places? Hartke also has a 500 watt head, but it's like double the price.