Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by trenken, Mar 4, 2006.

1. trenken

Apr 24, 2005
  2. Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I do. It's an excellent combo amp, and is absolutely not some kind of "rehearsal" amp - you should be very happy with this as a main gig amp. When you combine the tube and SS preamps - it sounds very good, and has many nice features for pro gigging.

3. wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    Probably be plenty loud enough for most gigs, and I bet it's as heavy as the day is long. If you like the sound of it and if it's all you require for loudness/tone/etc, then do it... but I think people here, me being one of them, would recommend you think about a separate head/cab since it's easier to upgrade one then the other. You can look around for good deals on a used Hartke 3500 (a really good amp for the price) and whatever cab you may be interested (with a separate cab you can see if you prefer different configurations like 2x12 or 4x10 or 2x15...). But like I said, if you play the Hartke combo and you like it, who's stopping you: it's your rig! :D
  4. trenken

Apr 24, 2005
    Yeah I was considering buying the components seperately, and now that I think more about it, thats probably what i'll end up doing.

But do you guys think 350 watts is good for most places? Hartke also has a 500 watt head, but it's like double the price.