Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fast slapper, Jan 28, 2002.

1. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I've been looking for a new head and after seeing the bassplayer reveiw for the HA4000, it looks like it would be a good buy. How is Hartke in general with sound,reliability,etc. What other good heads in the $700 list range?

2. I have a Hartke 3500 for sale on eBay. E-mail me if you're interested.

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ive had a hartke 2000 for quite a few years now, and bought it used on top of that. Shes still holding up well and its gotta be at least 6 years old.

My big gripe with hartke is the lack of a midrange control in the shelving. As well as the staticy hiss when you dial in the highs

4. From my experience, Hartkes seem quite reliable. If you're good with a 10-band EQ, then you'll enjoy the Hartke. The High Contour is mostly there to cut noise (I read that in the owner's manual), and it seems to do the trick.

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    The 4000 doesn't have the graphic EQ like the 2000, 3500, 5000, 7000 heads. It's a totally different beast.

6. That's true. Sorry about that. I think he replied about the sale of my 3500, so I replied with that in mind. Sorry about that.:oops:

7. Hey i got a hartke 5000 head fo sale. its 250 watts a side into four OHM. Its also has a skb case korg strobe tuner and furman power conditioner. If your interested email me sbc_baby@hotmail.com

Im in the process of moving and also downscaling me equipment, the 8x10 cab will be next. Time to see what kind of 2x10 cab will work for me. Ha. :cool: