1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Diablo, Feb 1, 2002.

Which amp is better

Poll closed Mar 1, 2002.
  1. Hartke B20

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  2. Hartke B30

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  3. Don't know/don't care

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. Diablo

Diablo

Jan 31, 2002
    I was just wondering which amp is better.

2. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    B30's the more powerful version of the B20, isn't that obvious?

I'd take a 30 watt amp over a 20 watt amp...?

:confused: :rolleyes:

3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    A Peavey Minx 110 is a better practice amp than either one, and you can find them used on Ebay for less than $100.

4. Diablo

Diablo

Jan 31, 2002
    I would never buy an amp on ebay because you don't know what condition the item is in. It's a great place to sell, bad place to buy :mad:

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    If you buy from someone who is an established seller, they have to be honest about the condition, because their reputation is at stake. And Peavey amps are immortal, for the most part.

6. I have had a B20 for about 6 months now and i love it. I have had no problems with it and the tone is so beautiful. For a 20-watt 8" speakered amp it sounds bigger than it is. I also use this 2 jam with friends and it keps up fine in a situation with a distorted 30 watt fender guitar amp. The B30 is ok but the B20 is adequate for practice and for the bedroom. I highly recommend it !!

7. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    I wouldn't go with the hartke practice amp.
    I foolishly did, and regret it. I wish I would've just saved up a bit more and gotten the Peavey Minx (I believe that's their 1x10 combo?)

The B-20 might be all right, if you play with a pick. It's too clicky for me, though.