Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nanook, Aug 15, 2000.

1. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I must admit that after seeing Larry Taylor using Hartke cabinets at an outdoor concert, I have a new respect for them. He used a 4 X 10" and a 1 X 15". Couldn't see what kind of amp he had.

Maybe those aluminum cones are waterproof....hehehehe

2. RickenbackeR

RickenbackeR

Mar 28, 2000
    Hey, nanook, i like your signature.. i agree :)

Yeah, from what i've seen, those hartke cabs are pretty die cast. They have that metal grill instead of just a nylon screen like most of the cabs out there and, well, the hardcore aluminum cones you mentioned.

What exactly is the difference of having the speakers with the center of the cone outwards (like the regular speakers) and having them inwards, like the hartkes?

3. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    I just bought a Hartke 410tp cabinet, and it is wonderful! It handles lots of power, especially for the $330 I paid for it! I've compared this to crate and carvin stuff priced about the same, and this thing is way better. The speakers look really cool too.

4. deceptikaun

deceptikaun

Aug 19, 2000
    hartke martke

5. JHMAVRO

JHMAVRO

May 29, 2000
    hooksett NH USA
    I like nanooks signature, but then again,I also laughfed my a$$ of at Deceptikauns. Now I think im gonna have to use a pick.

6. wreckall

wreckall

Aug 21, 2000
    well i have some hartke's the tens are ok "i love their mid and hi tones" but i also got a 115 that blows a** with no real bottom end