Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by phunky345, Oct 19, 2000.

1. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    Just thought I'd say how much I love my transporter 410. everyone has preconceived that "transporter" = "crappy", but I beg to differ. My cabinet can handle the 200 watts from my ampeg b2r and more, and is one of the cleanest-sounding rigs I've ever used. Now I'm just looking for a good 15 for bottom end. Is the 115xl good? How 'bout the swr son of bertha?

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    I've got a 410TP laying around that I use sometimes.
    To be quite honest, it doesn't sound that much different from my usual Hartke 410 cab.

Of course the SOUND NAZI'S will beg to differ!!!:D

But then again , I don't play at ear-shattering, earth-moving, volume either!

3. Craig H

Craig H

Mar 23, 2000
    Kansas City
    I have a 115XL that I use with my 4.5XL. I think it sounds great. I think the Transporter 115 sounds pretty good too, especially if you're not pushing the wattage limits.

Craig

4. MohawkHarry

MohawkHarry

May 21, 2000
    Chatham,IL
    The only problem ive heard with them is they fall apart.
    The cabnet construction is particle board or something like that. If a big guy sits on it (crush):)

5. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    Good thing I only weigh 135 lbs, and I don't let people sit on my stuff!!! I do find weaker cabinet construction easy to beleive, though, since these systems cost considerably less and weigh 30 lbs less.

6. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
    Why not use the 115TP? It's designed to go with the 410TP!
    (Or are you thinking of step by step upgrading, wattage-wise, not tone-wise ;))

7. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I used to have the Hartke Xl115 back in 1995, I ran it with a Hartke 1400 head. It sounded pretty good, had nice punch, clean mids, crisp highs, and suprisingly beefy lows. But didnt have that high a power rating. 180watts@8ohm I think. The SWR is better cab and worth purchasing in my opinion...more reliable as Hartkes have a tendency to blow.

8. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    The 115tp is rated at only 150 watts rms, while the 410tp is rated at 300 watts. when my amp gets cranked at 4 ohms, it's gonna put out about 500 watts rms, which would be putting 250 watts continuous into a wimpy 15. I really hope I can find a good-priced swr cabinet. I've noticed that the transporter wattage ratings mean that they'll handle that much wattage, if you don't have your low-end settings too high.

9. phunky345

phunky345

Jun 20, 2000
    Missoula, MT
    Anybody like 2x15 cabs?

10. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    I really dig 2x15" cabinents. A good friend of mine has the Hartke 215 XL sub bass cabinent and it rocks - plenty of punch (which really suprises me) as well as great lows! Personally though, I'm itching to try out Eden's new 2x15" cab - I've been told by several people that it's awesome! I also really like the Sunn 2x15", but I haven't been able to get my hands on one to try out, same goes for the Big Bertha from SWR.