Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Hartke's got new combo amps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, Feb 17, 2003.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
  2. yeah, the 3500 4x10 is good enough for me;)

What have they accomplished in changing the amps in the kickback, they were fine, it was the speakers that were the problem... I Like them, but I've heard too many crackage stories:bawl:

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I somehow fail to get the idea of a 4x10 combo... too big, too heavy, if you have that big a speaker cabinet why not go for a separate head for easier transport and carrying?

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I agree! I think a "4/10 combo" is pretty insane;)

5. Again, Carvin's got a beast pretty much the same size. the 'cyclops' thats got 2x8 and 1x15 in it. And what abuot 8x10 cabs? What's the problem with a 4x10 combo if there are 8x10 cabs... Still, I don't have the strength to lug around 150 pounds myself. I think the Hartke b120 is heavy enough for me, I can handle it, but no more:D

6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Well, I don't really understand why anyone would want an 8x10 when you can get two 4x10 for more flexibility and easier transport, either. But I'm old and my back is hurtin' and there's no sign of me ever getting any roadies...

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    One of my problems with huge combos is, if you blow a speaker or there is a problem with the head, your not able to use either until you get it fixed.... just my to pennies;)